Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Monitoring GAME Plan Progress

As the research for my GAME plan is continuing, I haven't come across many road blocks preventing me from accomplishing my goals of:

1.Learn more about about integrating online collaborative (global) art projects with in my curriculum and seek out professional development about educational technologies like Web 2.0.

2.Continue to develop my Art classroom blog as a way to inform parents and community about my classroom, curriculum, and student art gallery.

So far the I contacted three teachers (two in my own district) who are thrilled at the idea of doing a collaborative art project with my classes. We have discussed many lesson ideas including the following:
1. Have the students "skype" each other to share information they learned about Vincent Van Gogh

2. Do an art materials exchange challenge (where two schools switch art materials and students have to create art using the switches materials)

3. Take part in the gobal Art Trading Cards program

Now my only problem is pacing myself and not doing too many global projects at once!

As for my classroom blog, I have spoken with my the technology experts in my district and my adminstrators about posting photographs of students. In our district we have a parent permission slip that goes home to all students that addresses student privacy and covers yearbook, newspaper, and websites.

Overall things have gone very smoothly in achieving my goals and I feel I have recieved great support from my district and my collegues.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristina,

    It is very important that you identified the danger of doing too many global projects at once.
    It is great to provide your students with the experience beyond the classroom walls but sometimes coordinating with other schools, time zones,and curriculums is extremely exhausting.
    What you are doing is great, just pace yourself!

    ReplyDelete